Welcome to the English Ministry of West Chester Chinese Evangelical Church! We hope that this website helps you get connected with us by providing information about our church community. WCCEC offers worship services, Sunday school, and small group ministries in both English and Mandarin Chinese.
Our English Sunday worship begins at 3:00 PM, followed by Sunday school classes for Middle School, High School and English Adults at 4:15 PM. Each Sunday we share dinner together with the Chinese Ministry at 5:30 PM.
We welcome you to come and worship with us, and experience the goodness of God in community. As a community, we seek to reconcile with God, with one another, and to become ambassadors of God's reconciliation to the world.
Missions, Vision, and Belief
WCCEC Mission: From individuals to community, from this generation to the next, we exist to bring the total reconciliation of Christ to all nations.
WCCEC Vision: To be a safe harbor for all who hunger for God's peace, and a forward base for God's kingdom on earth.
Statement of Faith:
- We believe in one God, Creator of all things, holy, infinitely perfect, and eternally existing in a loving unity of three equally divine Persons: the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. Having limitless knowledge and sovereign power, God has graciously purposed from eternity to redeem a people for Himself and to make all things new for His own glory.
- We believe that God has spoken in the Scriptures, both Old and New Testaments, through the words of human authors. As the verbally inspired Word of God, the Bible is without error in the original writings, the complete revelation of His will for salvation, and the ultimate authority by which every realm of human knowledge and endeavor should be judged. Therefore, it is to be believed in all that it teaches, obeyed in all that it requires, and trusted in all that it promises.
- We believe that God created Adam and Eve in His image, but they sinned when tempted by Satan. In union with Adam, human beings are sinners by nature and by choice, alienated from God, and under His wrath. Only through God's saving work in Jesus Christ can we be rescued, reconciled and renewed.
- We believe that Jesus Christ is God incarnate, fully God and fully man, one Person in two natures. Jesus was conceived through the Holy Spirit and born of the virgin Mary. He lived a sinless life, was crucified under Pontius Pilate, arose bodily from the dead, ascended into heaven and sits at the right hand of God the Father as our High Priest and Advocate.
- We believe that Jesus Christ, as our representative and substitute, shed His blood on the cross as the perfect, all-sufficient sacrifice for our sins. His atoning death and victorious resurrection constitute the only ground for salvation.
- We believe that the Holy Spirit, in all that He does, glorifies the Lord Jesus Christ. He convicts the world of its guilt. He regenerates sinners, and in Him they are baptized into union with Christ and adopted as heirs in the family of God. He also indwells, illuminates, guides, equips and empowers believers for Christ-like living and service.
- We believe that the true church comprises all who have been justified by God's grace through faith alone in Christ alone. They are united by the Holy Spirit in the body of Christ, of which He is the Head.
- We believe that God's justifying grace must not be separated from His sanctifying power and purpose. God commands us to love Him supremely and others sacrificially, and to live out our faith with care for one another, compassion and justice for the oppressed. In obedience to Christ's commission, we are to make disciples among all people, always bearing witness to the gospel in word and deed.
- We believe in the return of our Lord Jesus Christ. The coming of Christ, at a time known only to God, demands constant expectancy and, as our blessed hope, motivates the believer to godly living, sacrificial service and energetic mission.
(Adapted from EFCA's Statement of Faith)
WCCEC English Ministry and Staff
Pastor Peter and Anita
Pastor Peter Wang has served with West Chester Community Evangelical Church as the English Ministry Pastor since 2005.
Contact and Directions
WCCEC meets for Sunday services at Advent Lutheran Church, located at
1601 Green Lane, West Chester, PA 19382
email@example.com (610) 841-6765
View Larger Map